Tuesday, September 3, 2013

US Travel Wish List

I saw this post that Jasmine did and thought it was so fun. Although I'm not going to be a time frame on my places I hope to visit, I thought I'd share with you some cities within the US I hope to see in the next few years (keeping in mind I live in Ontario).

Hawaii



For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to visit Hawaii. Any place that is tropical but still has a city life is hugely attractive to me. I LOVE sitting on the beach all day, but I also like when there is a city to explore and history to take in. If I could go anywhere in the world right now, it would be Hawaii.

San Francisco, CA
 


I've heard nothing but anything things about San Fran. My parents went here for their 25th Wedding Anniversary and loved it. Friends who have visited have raved about it. I hope to go soon - it's just SO expensive and quite the distance from me! I could fly to Europe for cheaper!

 Vail, Colorado




It's no secret, I LOVE to ski. I started when I was about 4 and have been on many ski vacations over the years - Vermont, Whistler, Lake Louise etc. The great thing is, Mr. C loves to snowboard so it makes for fun winter vacations for us. Vail has been a long time favourite of mine that I hope to one day visit in the winter months and hit the slopes!


Chicago, IL




Given Chicago is only an 8 hour drive or short 1.5 hour flight from me I am shocked I have never been! What is wrong with me!? This is a great place to visit over a long weekend and think Mr.C and I will make it happen in 2014!

Washington, DC



I went to Washington when I was about 10 with my family and recall really enjoying it even at that age. Again, it's only a short flight from me (hello Porter Airlines!) and makes for a great long weekend trip. There's something about all the history in that city that really excites me!

Charleston, SC



I love the South. All you lovely ladies from the South, I am SO JEALOUS of your game days, big bows, lovely weather and yummy food!

There are many, many other places I'd love to explore (Alaska! San Diego! Nashville!) but this is the list that's been in my head for a few years.

Do you live in any of these places and/or have you visited? Is there anywhere in Canada you've been wanting to visit? I have a whole other separate list for Canada ;)

15 comments:

  1. Have you basically read my mind and seen my draft post for tomorrow?! Seems like it! I love this list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! That's too funny. I can't wait to read your post tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. I've been to Chicago! But sadly, nowhere else on your list. Hawaii and San Fran are also at the top of my travel wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day my friend, one day we will get to San Fran and Hawaii. It's far for us!

      Delete
  3. I love your list of places to go, the photos are beautiful! From your list I have only been to Chicago and Charleston, which are both so much fun to visit!

    Lauren,
    http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hawaii & Charleston top my list as well. Also Savannah but I am going there in November. San Francisco is really cool and I live about an hour from DC so I probably take it for granted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to give me a recap on Savannah later on in the year.

      Delete
  5. You FOR SURE need to visit Chicago! It's the best. I got engaged by the Bean :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only been to Chicago and Washington, DC from your list, but I'm dying to go to those other places too! (And I wouldn't mind going back to either Chicago or DC!) Looking forward to your Canada Travel edition if you write one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your list! Boston needs to make the list!! ;) I want to get to Atlanta GA and New Orleans and Canada of course! Need the must see list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this list!!

    washington dc is on my list and so it just about anywhere in the south :)

    i was just in San Fran and it is awesome,i loved the weather. i am from chicago so i think our city is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got to go to Chicago and DC this year for work and LOVED them both! I could have spent at least a week in DC. San Francisco has been on my to-do list for years and the cost is what keeps me away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post idea!
    Hawaii, Chicago, and San Fransico would be my top 3!

    ReplyDelete