Friday, September 20, 2013

Five on Friday


One

Remember my "The time it took me 6+ months to do a wall gallery" post? Breaking news. I have a sneak peak at my semi finished wall. I'm basically obsessed and it only took about a year to do (ha). I now need to fill some of the frames and that will probably take another year!

Post to come! 

Two

I've been an avid Coke drinker all my life. I don't have one everyday but I'd say I have one 3-4 times a week which really isn't that bad (to me). I go in spurts where some weeks I don't have any. Lately though, oh my goodness, I've been craving them like crazy. Nothing beats an ice cold coke.


Three

This may be TMI and I am a bit embarrassed to even say it, but whatever! I've been breaking out on my back lately which is very unusual for me. I can't ever recall a time I've had acne on my back and now it's like wowza. Does anyone have any tips or products that have worked well for them? I've tried the Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash (just on my back) and it was a complete waste of money. Help a friend out! :)

Four

I am excited to finally be able to go to The Word on the Street Festival this weekend. For all you book worms out there, it's a big book and magazine festival. No idea what to expect but I love books and being outside so I think it will be great to wander and enjoy the fall weather.


Five

I have another company event tonight after work in the Distillery District which I am excited to go to. The only issue is that we are encouraged to wear red and I just discovered that I actually don't own anything work appropriate that is red. I love red so I'm not sure how this is possible!!! Too late to go shopping now so I'll have to figure something out.




9 comments:

  1. Ah, the Word on the Street is this weekend?? I went last year and scored some great books! Too bad I won't have time to this year. :(

    I get back acne too. I find using a back loofa (the one that scrubs your back) helps! Also, watch out for tags on your shirts. They tend to scratch my skin and cause acne.

    So jealous that you get to go to the Distillery District for a work event! Check out Dynamite and grab a red blazer from there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wall Gallery looks great!! A book festival sounds awesome can't wait to hear how it goes! I am trying to cut back on my diet coke but it is just SO.GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wall galleries make me happy. yours is looking ca-uuute! :)

    thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello.

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wall gallery! And I, too, am an avid Coke drinker. You really can't beat ice coke. I like it cold and on ice! :) I wish I could say I don't drink it every day, but the truth is... I actually have a couple a day. :-o

    Hope you're having a good weekend!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing in the world is as good as an ice cold coke. Drinking one right now as a "weekend treat." That festival looks super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gallery wall looks great! I did one right after we got married (8 years ago...) and now I feel like I need to update some of the pics. There is always something to do!

    Have you tried just a plain anti-bacterial body wash like Dial? And a loofah or one of those plastic fluffy things for a buck in the soap aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've found that plain bar soap is best for acne (I use one made from goat milk). It won't be gone overnight, but when it does go away, it seems to stay away longer. I don't bother buying acne products anymore.

    Coke is good...especially from the can! A lot of people are trying to make certain drinks and foods out to be "bad" lately. I think anything is fine in moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gallery wall looks awesome so far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. Your gallery wall looks beautiful!

    2 that's happened to my back too! Last year.. I'm glad I'm not the only one! Truthfully, I just use the stridex pads & use them on my back after showers. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete