Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Can't Beet This Recipe {Recipe}

Good morning, friends!

Last winter I branched out of my normal vegetable purchasing behaviour (tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper) and spiced things up by trying a few new veggies. One such vegetable were beets.

I had no idea what to expect. I swear it was my first time in my life having them - sad. I remember my mom used to eat canned beats and I always thought the texture looked so gross.

Enter roasted beets! Delicious.

Beets.

Here's my go to recipe (I wouldn't even call it a recipe as it involves two steps):

3-4 beets
Few tablespoons of chopped onion
Tablespoon of olive oil
Salt & Pepper
Garlic

Chop up your beets into chunks. Add onions. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper/garlic. Toss in the oven at 350 degrees until tender.

Here are some other beet recipes I am hoping to try:

Beets, Chickpeas and Feta Salad

orange-quinoa-beet-salad
Orange, Quinoa and Beet Salad


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment