Monday, August 12, 2013

Millions of Peaches, Peaches for Me

This weekend was nice and relaxing. It's just what I needed after a crazy busy weekend full of traveling and fun last weekend.

Friday after work I met up with a friend and we went for dinner at Spring Rolls. I've typically enjoyed most of what I've ordered there but what I got on Friday wasn't that great. Boo! I still had a great time catching up with one of my besties.

Saturday I thought I would sleep in but ended up waking up at 7:30am. This is what my life has come to and I think I just need to accept it and move on, ha!

I ended up going for a bike ride and meeting my friend Casey at the St. Lawrence Market. It was SO busy. The farmers market isn't open on Sunday which baffles me, so each Saturday it's always packed. I ended up getting some fresh corn and a massive basket of peaches. The peaches are half gone already. Delicious!!!



YUM!

I also spotted a new (to me) vegetable called Patty Pan Squash. I wanted to buy some just for its looks and name, but decided against it.


This is a super embarrassing photo (hello, elevator selfie) but I just wanted to show off my outfit I wore on Sunday. I finally had the opportunity to wear my pink eyelet shorts I scored a month or so ago at the Gap on a huge sale. I think I was also relieved that I had made it back to my condo after nearly dying on my bike like 5 times. City biking in Toronto is no joke!!



Sunday was filled with cleaning, cooking, groceries, a little reading on my balcony and getting ready for the work week ahead. I tried a new recipe yesterday evening to have for my lunches this week and I'm excited to share it with you (assuming I like it!).

What were you up to this weekend? I swear I say this every week, but I can't believe we're already into the middle of August!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier today! I enjoy checking out peoples day to day as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm I got peaches too! They were so good!

    I'm not sure what the place where I got my meat from was called. We just looked around for the best deal.

    This place was in the middle and it had chicken breast for $4.99 a pound (everyone else had it for $6.99) and kabobs for $1.50. Mmm..

    ReplyDelete