- As soon as fall hits, I am making this Ham and Corn Chowder soup. It got RAVE reviews from someone I know who made it.
- I know this is old news now, but what was up with Miley Cyrus during the VMAs on Monday? To be honest, I didn't expect anything amazing from her, but wow. Hot mess.
- I can't believe I have been blogging for 3 months now. To some, 3 months isn't a big deal at all but to me, it's the start of something great! I have connected with so many amazing ladies, learned how to navigate this blogging world and I am so thankful. Here's to many more months!!
- Random story for a random Wednesday. About a month or so ago, I was walking not really paying attention to my surroundings and all of a sudden I hear "M'AME, M'AME" and I look over and it's a sweet elderly lady trying to flag me down. I go over and she tells me she needs help walking to the bank (just around the corner) so I, of course, help her. In the 30 second walk there, she continued to thank me and tell me how sweet I was. I was so happy I was able to give her a hand.
- Fast forward to this past weekend and I am at the same location (just outside my condo) not paying attention to my surroundings. I hear "M'AME, M'AME" and I look up to the same lady! I probably looked way too excited. She needed help again and clearly did not remember that I had helped her last week. She said the exact same things she said to me last week. So precious.
- It made me wonder how long she had been trying to flag someone down and whether she does this every Saturday on her trip to the bank. The thought of someone just passing her by and not offering to help makes me a bit sad. I am so glad I was able to help both times! I kind of want to go wait for her this Saturday but that would just be creepy, ha!
Do a good deed friends, it makes you feel great!
- Labour Day Long Weekend coming up!!!
- After my computer situation last week, I went out and bought an external hard drive. I am way late to the game on this one and can't tell you how less worried I am now that everything is safe! For those wondering,this is the one I got.
- I know the past few weeks I have been posting super healthy recipes. Not going to lie, this girl likes to eat food that isn't so healthy for you as well. After a long day at work sometimes all I want to do is pop something quick into the microwave and you know what? I do that. Let me introduce you to President's Choice Chicken Pot Pies (sorry, it's a Canadian product!). These things about about 5 billion calories but oh my word. SO good. They come individually wrapped as well so it's perfect for 1 person. Go buy!