Thursday, October 3, 2013

Canadian Travel Wish List

If you missed my US travel wish list, check it out here!

I have a lot of US readers which I absolutely adore. Let's face it, blogging is much more prevalent in the US than in Canada - for whatever reason. That said, I've been getting many comments from all you lovely people saying that you hope to one day visit Canada, or that you've never been! You're missing out and I highly recommend visiting.

I've traveled to most of our provinces so I wouldn't consider this my "wish list" but below are a few places I loved so much I'd like to go back.

Prince Edward Island

PEI is beautiful. Charlottetown? Gorgeous. Who doesn't want to go see Anne of Green Gables House, walk along red sand shores and visit lighthouses on the coast? It's a must visit.



New Brunswick

I went to New Brunswick on the same PEI trip when I was younger and I'd absolutely love to go back as I don't remember much. From whale watching, kayaking in the Bay of Fundy, touring historical sites, it seems to be a province that has something for everyone.


Vancouver, BC (in the summer)

 I've been to Vancouver but only in the winter and I'd love to go back in the summer. It's such vibrant city with so much diversity!



2007

Banff, Alberta

Banff would be in my top 3 most favourite cities/areas I have ever visited - not just in Canada, but worldwide. I've been here multiple times and I just want to keep going back. Both the summers and winters are amazing. It's the most quaint little city tucked deep into the Canadian Rockies. There are waterfalls, snow capped mountains and wildlife galore.

A few summers ago I hiked Sulphur Mountain with Mr.C and the views were breathtaking. Note, I just laughed at the link to Sulphur Mountain as it rates the difficulty of the hike as "strenuous." Heck yes it was. It was a near death experience ha!

Skiing at Lake Louise (near Banff) is also another one of my most memorable vacations.

If I could go back there any time of the year, I would in a heart beat! Visit Banff friends!!!

Canadian Rockies

Hike up Sulphur Mountain

View from the top

Banff

Old Quebec City, Quebec

Old Quebec City reminds me of a European town. Cobblestone everywhere, narrow alleyways, coloured homes. It's such a romantic city to visit both in winter and summer.


There are obviously a ton of other areas that are amazing to explore - from Niagara on the Lake, Ottawa, Halifax, Whistler - ohhh the cities are endless. We have such a diverse landscape that it truly makes for a completely different experience in each city and province.

If you're from out of the country, have you visited any areas of Canada?

I'm off to Ottawa this weekend (another city I highly highly recommend visiting!) to visit my dad so there won't be a post tomorrow as I have a trillion things to do beforehand.

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. I've never been to Canada, but your photos and descriptions make me want to book a trip right now! The pictures are beautiful! And Old Quebec City does look so romantic, like you could just stroll forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Banff spectacular?! I love that its only an hour away frome my house!

    I need to get out to the East coast so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm, you're forgetting one? Newfoundland!!! hahahah! I couldn't resist!
    It's funny because I haven't been to a lot of the places you've mentioned. Banff is definitely on my to do list, but your pictures make me wanna go right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be jealous but my hubby and I lived right next to the Chateau Frontenac in Old Quebec city for a year! We felt like we were on a vacation every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So when I come visit we are doing Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quebec looks beautiful! I have never been to Canada but never say never...

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these places look so beautiful! I've always wanted to visit Prince Edward Island, ever since I was a little girl and read Anne of Green Gables! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be the first to admit that I know almost nothing about Canada, but it looks beautiful!! I can't get to your email either. My email is becca.black.84@gmail.com, shoot me an email and I will get back to you ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Banff! We live in Calgary, so we get to go there pretty often :-) And I would love to go to the Maritimes. PEI would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to go to Vancouver in the winter (since I've been in the summer)! Such a gorgeous place! Banff looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete