Thursday, October 24, 2013

A-Z in Books

I saw this post going around last week and given I am mildly obsessed with reading, I knew I had to do it!
Author you've read the most books from.
I switch it up often so honestly am not sure. If I had to hazard a guess it would probably be Danielle Steel.

Best sequel ever.
Hunger Games. Yes, I am 15 years old.

Currently reading.
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion and am loving it.

Drink of choice while reading.
You should all know this by now. Coke. Hands down.

E-reader or physical book?
I'm kind of creeped out ever since I read a story in the newspaper that there are large quantities of BED BUGS in the books at the Toronto libraries. Gross. I love my e-reader.

Fictional character you probably would have dated in high school.
Someone from Hunger Games. Remember? I'm 15.

Glad you gave this book a chance.
The Light Between Oceans - M.L Stedman. Had such a hard time getting into it but glad I stuck it out!

Hidden gem book.
We Are All Welcome Here - Elizabeth Berg

Important moment in your reading life.
When I was gifted with my Kobo. Life changing.

Just finished.
Big Girl Panties - Stephanie Evanovich. Good light read.

Kind of books you won't read.
Horror.

Longest book you've read.
I actually have no idea.....

Major book hangover because of..
Still Alice - Lisa Genova

Number of bookcases you own.
One plus a large built in desk with a lot of shelves but they aren't all filled with books.

One book you have read multiple times.
The Help

Preferred place to read.
Bed...or better yet..on a beach.

Quote from a book you've read that inspires you.
"You is kind. You is smart. You is important."

Reading regret.
I can't get into the Harry Potter series and really wish I could.

Series you started and need to finish.
None at the moment

Three of your all time favourite books.
Gone Girl, Anne of Green Gables, The Memory Keepers Daughter

Unapologetic fangirl for..
Hunger Games!!

Very excited for this release.
I am Malala: The Girl who Stood Up for Education. It's not something I would typically pick up but this girl is so inspiring.
 

Worst book habit.
Putting too many books on hold at the library.

X Marks the Spot - the 27th book on the shelf
I don't have 27 books in a row!

Your latest book purchase.
I haven't bought a book in a while but I think it was The Help.

Zzz snatcher book(latest book that kept you up late).
Gone Girl!

11 comments:

  1. I loved Gone Girl! I read about the bed bugs in the library books too and was so grossed out. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading The Lighte Between Oceans right now, and I too find its a little hard to get into...
    I love surveys like these! I did this survey
    a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't have to be 15 to like young adult books! I am 25 and my husband is 39, and we have a couple of shelves full (plus more in boxes somewhere). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hunger Games books are awesome, I love them. I do need to read more though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Malala is inspiring! And is it weird that I tell my dog he is kind, smart, and important all the time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I do this to my dogs all the time too! My bf thinks I'm crazy!

      Delete
  6. I love love Hunger Games!! and The Help :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My major book hangover would also be Still Alice. I am an avid reader.. so will probably steal your A-Z Book Post questions for tomorrow post (hope you don't mind!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES to being 15 year old girls! I love the Hunger Games too haha. And agreed about horror...reading it is even worse than watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh I love this post as a fellow book lover!! I would die about the bed bugs since I get all my books from the library. I loved Gone Girl and cannot for the love of me read Harry Potter either. I read so much that if it wasn't for Good Reads I would never remember what I have read. Yes, I have picked up a book read 25 pages then realized I already read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still glad you recommended Still Alice to me! Also, I don't think that you are ever too old for Hunger Games. Right now I am reading Monster by Walter Dean Myers for school.

    ReplyDelete