Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hello Nexus 5

I am thrilled to finally say I am parting ways with my Blackberry Bold. I've had this terrible phone for about 4-5 years now.
I actually really don't know how I have survived this long with such an archaic phone. I'm not that into apps and generally am not obsessed with "staying connected" 24/7 so perhaps that's why. I do, however, know that the only thing I could do on this phone was make calls and use BBM. Internet browsing was so weak at it's best. Even the GPS on this sucker? Horrid.
I was debating the Samsung S4 for a few months but I never felt fully happy with the decision. Enter a few people at work who informed me of the new Nexus 5. Why have I never even heard of ANY Nexus (google) phones before? I've been living under a rock. They had me SOLD at hello. The phone literally just launched and I snatched one up off contract off the Google Play website.
 
 
This pretty thing cannot come to me fast enough. The things this phone can do is insane. Just insane. It's going to revolutionize my life haha! I keep refreshing my email to see if it has shipped yet (it's not supposed to ship until December but people in the office have been getting their shipments).

It's going to be a huge learning curve for me as I've never had an andriod and let's get serious here, my phone is 5 years old!
Have any of you ordered or plan to get the Nexus 5?! 
 
  

7 comments:

  1. My friend has a Nexus and loves it!! The screen is so much bigger than the iphone. I was always an android girl before switching to the iphone recently. You are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see how you like it, definitely post about it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have Samsung Galaxy S2s in our house, and they are great, but definitely considering the switch to Nexus when our contracts are up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you loving it?? I've heard good things about it! Congrats on parting from your Blackberry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new phone! I hope you love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i didn't really mind not having a smartphone for awhile. but then once i got one, i couldn't imagine ever going back!!
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to have a Google phone... I don't remember the model, it may have been right before they launched the Nexus. I didn't like it and switched to the iPhone (I also have an iPad and a Macbook so it makes more sense...) but people who love Androids love it. I hope you do, too!

    ReplyDelete